Are facial lines or volume loss on the face or hands troubling you? Dermal fillers can be an excellent option!
The FDA approves them for wrinkles, fat loss, and increasing the fullness of certain body parts.
It may not be appropriate for everyone, especially those with allergies or bleeding disorders.
Here are five tips for using dermal fillers safely and preventing any complications!
5 Things to Know Before Using Dermal Fillers
Experts recommend following these tips:
- Use Dermal Fillers Only For FDA-Approved Uses
FDA has approved its use in the following cases:
- Increasing fullness of cheeks, lips, jawline, back of the hand, and under-eye hollows
- Correcting skin folds and facial wrinkles
- Correcting acne scars
- Restoring facial fat loss
- Work With a Licensed Health Care Provider
It is best to work with an experienced practitioner trained to inject dermal fillers.
- Know It May Have Side Effects
Non-surgical procedures can also have risks. Common side effects of dermal fillers include:
However, these effects go away within two weeks.
You should consult your expert immediately if you are in a lot of pain or your skin turn blue. This can indicate accidental injection into a blood vessel.
Again, it is essential to get the procedure done by an experienced provider.
- Who Should Avoid?
According to the FDA, the following class of population should avoid dermal fillers:
- Recently had a child or are pregnant
- Before a dental treatment
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Have conditions such as allergy or bleeding problems
- What To Expect
You can see the effects immediately. However, most dermal fillers are not permanent. You may need touch-ups once or twice a year.
Looking for an advanced filler specialist in Silver Spring, Maryland?
beBold Aesthetics takes pride in offering the most respected brands for your beauty needs, including dermal fillers. Every injection offers you the best quality from our experienced team.
Be You. Be Unique. beBold